1 hr 35 mins
A decadent old-time dessert gets a delicious bolt of espresso flavoring!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso or 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups day-old egg bread, 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, if desired (optional)
FOR CARAMEL SAUCE
- whipped cream, flavored with
- 1Make custard:.
- 2In a small saucepan combine espresso or coffee and 2.
- 3tablespoons sugar and boil until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- 4Cool syrup.
- 5In a large bowl whisk together whole eggs, egg yolks,.
- 6remaining 1/2 cup sugar, half-and-half and syrup.
- 7Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 8Spread bread cubes in a 9-inch square baking dish and sprinkle.
- 9with almonds if using.
- 10Pour custard over bread, making sure allbread cubes are covered, and let stand 30 minutes.
- 11Put baking dish in a larger pan and add enough water to pan to.
- 12reach halfway up sides of dish.
- 13Bake bread pudding in middle of.
- 14oven 55 minutes, or until golden brown and center is set.
- 15Make caramel sauce:.
- 16In a small heavy saucepan combine sugar and water and bring to.
- 17a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 18Boil syrup, without stirring but swirling pan occasionally, until deep golden caramel.
- 19Remove pan from heat and add cream slowly (mixture will.
- 20bubble up).
- 21Cook sauce over low heat, stirring, until smooth and caramel is dissolved.
- 22Add butter and stir until melted.
- 23Serve bread pudding with warm caramel sauce and cinnamon whipped cream.
- 24Serves 6 to 8.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.5
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 447.0 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: