Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Perfect with a cup of coffee. Uses a cookie gun. From Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla buttercream frosting (commercial or homemade, there are several recipes posted on Zaar)
- chocolate-covered coffee beans
- In a bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, margarine, and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Shape mixture into a disc; cover with saran wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place dough in a cookie gun fitted with a flower template (or a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip).
- Press out or pipe dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spoon a dab of frosting on each cookie and top with a chocolate-covered espresso bean.