This is a version of Baked Alaska dessert the base is a chocolate crumb crust with Mocha fudge sauce. It is so easy to make and so impressive to serve. It was a prize winner in a recent Lucerne Bake contest entered by Lois Dowling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed toasted almond
- 1 quart cappuccino chip ice cream
- 2Place cream and instant coffe powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate, stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 4Set aside in the pan you will be warming it again before seving .
- 6Mix the wafers, butter, and almonds.
- 7Press this mixture onto the bottom of a 9" pie plate, bring the wafer mixture right up the sides of the pie plate so the entire pie plate is covered with this crust.
- 8Chill until firm.
- 9Soften the ice cream slightly and when the crust is firm spoon it into the pie crust.
- 10Mash down with a fork and leave a slight mound in the center.
- 11Freeze until very firm. You may do up to this step a day or more before you want to serve. Keep it in the freezer covered.
- 13Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 14Add sugar 1 tbsp at a time, whisking well between each addition of sugar to make a shiny, stiff meringue.
- 15Whisk in the Vanilla extract.
- 17Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 18Take the frozen pie from the freezer and quickly cover it with the meringue.
- 19Be sure that all the ice cream is well covered.
- 20Bake for 2-4 minutes or until the meringue is lightly browned.
- 21While the pie is baking reheat the sauce but do not bring it to a boil, just have it warm.
- 22Serve immediately, cut the pie into 8 wedges, pour sauce over place on individual plates & serve.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Alaskan Ice Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.8
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cappuccino chip ice cream