Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was published in our newspaper and described as being a signature dish for the Capo's restaurant.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, add the oil.
- Saute mushrooms with wine and nutmeg until the wine has evaporated and the mushrooms are softened.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, thyme, garlic salt and oregano.
- Add mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Pound out each chicken breast until flat.
- Spread with equal parts of the mushroom filling.
- Roll the chicken and place seam side down in a baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar, pecans, mustard and parsley.
- Spread on top of the chicken.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Made this evening...and what a hit...It was super easy to prepare..Great change for the family...Must have...