Princess Pea's Note:
This was published in our newspaper and described as being a signature dish for the Capo's restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small skillet, add the oil.
- 3Saute mushrooms with wine and nutmeg until the wine has evaporated and the mushrooms are softened.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5In a bowl, combine cream cheese, thyme, garlic salt and oregano.
- 6Add mushrooms and stir to combine.
- 7Pound out each chicken breast until flat.
- 8Spread with equal parts of the mushroom filling.
- 9Roll the chicken and place seam side down in a baking pan.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, mix the sugar, pecans, mustard and parsley.
- 12Spread on top of the chicken.
- 13Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capo's Chicken Diablo
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 504.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 30.6 g