1/1 Photo of Caponata Wraps
A yummy sounding wrap using my favorite condiment, caponata, which is a melange of eggplant,capers,peppers, olives, tomatoes. You can find these tiny cans most anywhere, likely in the ethnic section. This is adapted from a company cookbook, author unknown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 ounce) bag fresh washed baby spinach leaves
- 4 burrito size low-carb flour tortillas (optional)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) container spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs, at room temp
- 8 ounces roasted bell pepper hummus
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can caponata, larger pieces cut up (eggplant appetizer)
- 1Stack spinach leaves, about 12 at a time, then cut crosswise into narrow strips and set aside.
- 2For each wrap, spread a fourth of the cheese to within half an inch of edge of each tortilla.
- 3Scattter spinach strips over the bottom two thirds of the tortilla and gently press onto the cheese.
- 4Mix hummus and mushrooms in a medium bowl, then spooon on top of spinach, spreading to cover.
- 5Top with a fourth of the caponata and roll up tightly from the bottom.
- 6To serve, cut each wrap diagonally.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caponata Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
roasted bell pepper hummus