A yummy sounding wrap using my favorite condiment, caponata, which is a melange of eggplant,capers,peppers, olives, tomatoes. You can find these tiny cans most anywhere, likely in the ethnic section. This is adapted from a company cookbook, author unknown.
- 1 (5 ounce) bagfresh washed baby spinach leaves
- 4 burrito size low-carb flour tortillas (optional)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) container spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs, at room temp
- 8 ounces roasted bell pepper hummus
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can caponata, larger pieces cut up (eggplant appetizer)
- Stack spinach leaves, about 12 at a time, then cut crosswise into narrow strips and set aside.
- For each wrap, spread a fourth of the cheese to within half an inch of edge of each tortilla.
- Scattter spinach strips over the bottom two thirds of the tortilla and gently press onto the cheese.
- Mix hummus and mushrooms in a medium bowl, then spooon on top of spinach, spreading to cover.
- Top with a fourth of the caponata and roll up tightly from the bottom.
- To serve, cut each wrap diagonally.
A Greek burrito! This is creamy, rich and filling....you won't miss the meat. Great recipe!