Recipe by Nadia Melkowits
This is one of my very favorite roasted vegetable dishes. It is great as a side dish or served as an appetizer. Sometimes I add crumbled feta cheese and minced parsley after I pull it out of the oven and top it on a sliced hard crusted bread.
- 12 -14 ounces tomato puree
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 summer squash, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the tomato paste onto a 3 1/2-quart baking dish to cover the bottom. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat. Pour the vegetables over the tomato paste in an even layer. Cover the baking dish with a lid or foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the lid/foil and bake until the edges of the vegetables are golden, about 40 minutes.