Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
After watching an episode of Food Network's Diner's, Drive Ins and Dives. My dh begged me to find the recipe. Since they only gave out ingredients on the show, but not quantities I googled to no avail. Never fear, Cap'n Mama's Kitchen went to work and came up with her own recipe! The French Toast is sweet on its own so skip the syrup here and top with some fresh fruit, flavored yogurt, a sprinkle of powdered sugar or other topping. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal (Cap'n Crunch original cereal, not Crunch Berries)
- 10 slices Texas toast thick bread (thick sliced bread)
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces plain yogurt (Milk will be much thinner so you may want to add a tsp of vinegar to make a buttermilk- balances the) or 4 ounces milk (Milk will be much thinner so you may want to add a tsp of vinegar to make a buttermilk- balances the)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- butter-flavored cooking spray or real butter
- 1Place the cereal in a gallon sized ziptop bag, remove air and seal. Crush the cereal into crumbs- the kids will have fun with this step. Do not use a food processor because the crumbs will be too fine.
- 2Mix the eggs, yogurt, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together and place in a shallow dish.
- 3Take 1 slice of bread, dip both sides in the egg mixture, then coat with the cereal crumbs. Spray a hot pan with butter flavored cooking spray or melt some butter in the pan. Add the coated bread to the pan and cook each side 2-3 minutes until light brown. Repeat for the other 9 slices of bread.
- 4Since this is already sweet enough on its own you may want to skip the syrup and top with some fresh fruit, flavored yogurt, a sprinkle of powdered sugar or other topping. Hope you enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cap'n Crunch French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 691.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g