I saw this prepared on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, and they only shared ingredients, not amounts. After searching many french toast recipes, this is what my kids and I arrived at. You'll never search for another French toast recipe after this.
- Pour Cap'n Crunch into a gallon-size ziplock bag and crush to a course meal -- make sure there are a few good size pieces in the mix. Pour into a 9x13 pan in order to dredge properly.
- Combine eggs, sugar, cream, vanilla, and spices in a large bowl. It will have the consistency of custard.
- Soak each slice of Texas Toast in wet ingredients, 30 seconds each side. Be sure the edges are moist, too.
- Dredge in Cap'n Crunch, lightly press onto each side, and around the crust. Place on parchment paper until all slices are coated.
- Heat 2 tbs. butter in large skillet, then gently place slices in pan; two at a time.
- Cook three minutes per side. Place on parchment covered baking pan in a warm oven.