1/1 Photo of Cap'n Crunch French Toast
1 hr 15 mins
chow n' groove's Note:
I saw this prepared on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, and they only shared ingredients, not amounts. After searching many french toast recipes, this is what my kids and I arrived at. You'll never search for another French toast recipe after this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour Cap'n Crunch into a gallon-size ziplock bag and crush to a course meal -- make sure there are a few good size pieces in the mix. Pour into a 9x13 pan in order to dredge properly.
- 2Combine eggs, sugar, cream, vanilla, and spices in a large bowl. It will have the consistency of custard.
- 3Soak each slice of Texas Toast in wet ingredients, 30 seconds each side. Be sure the edges are moist, too.
- 4Dredge in Cap'n Crunch, lightly press onto each side, and around the crust. Place on parchment paper until all slices are coated.
- 5Heat 2 tbs. butter in large skillet, then gently place slices in pan; two at a time.
- 6Cook three minutes per side. Place on parchment covered baking pan in a warm oven.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cap'n Crunch French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.9
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 335.3 mg
- Sodium 827.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Texas toast thick bread