Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
In 'Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey' by Jill O'Connor
Make and share this Cap'n Crunch Crispy Treats recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with softened butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the cereal to a bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows, vanilla, and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted into the butter.
- Immediately pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir with a large wooden spoon until all the cereal is coated with melted marshmallows.
- Spoon the cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- With buttered hands, gently but firmly press the cereal into the pan to compact the mixture.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- When cool, cut into 15 large bars.
- Serve right away, or wrap each bar separately with waxed paper or plastic wrap and store in covered container for up to 2 days.