Recipe by Jaime in Winnipeg
Yet another recipe from that African cookbook. This is VERY good!! I made it for my parents and sister and they all wanted the recipe! The sauce has an incredible flavour!
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
I could have rated this 10 stars if they had it! This was the most incredible dish I've eaten in a while! Thank you SO much for sharing! I didn't have wine, so I used Sherry, and I used powdered onions instead of the real thing. Unbelieveable dish! Do NOT hesitate to make this! A keeper for sure! xo LA :-)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut in parts
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frying pan, place butter and oil and heat to medium until butter melts.
- Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to casserole dish.
- In same frying pan, saute mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, add soup, wine and water.
- Simmer, stirring about 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cream, salt and pepper and tarragon and pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 60 minutes.
- Mix in artichokes, onion and parsley and bake about 5 minutes more until chicken is cooked through.