1 hr 30 mins
Jaime in Winnipeg's Note:
Yet another recipe from that African cookbook. This is VERY good!! I made it for my parents and sister and they all wanted the recipe! The sauce has an incredible flavour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut in parts
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1In large frying pan, place butter and oil and heat to medium until butter melts.
- 2Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken to casserole dish.
- 4In same frying pan, saute mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in flour, add soup, wine and water.
- 6Simmer, stirring about 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- 7Stir in cream, salt and pepper and tarragon and pour over chicken.
- 8Bake uncovered at 350 for 60 minutes.
- 9Mix in artichokes, onion and parsley and bake about 5 minutes more until chicken is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capital Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.5
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 855.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 25.8 g