Recipe by babygirl65
This is another staple in the hispanic community. It is normally served at lent or at Easter. It's really good!!
- 4 cups water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) box raisins
- 1 loaf French bread, toasted
- 2 cups American cheese, grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place raisins in a small bowl and pour enough Brandy so that raisins plump up.
- In a small sauce pan, add water, cinnamon sticks, and sugar. Boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and pour raisins into mix.
- Place toasted bread slices in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Layer ingredients: cheese, pecans, bread -- etc. Repeat steps until all bread is used. (Save some pecans for last topping).
- Pour cinnamon mix over bread pudding and sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.