This is another staple in the hispanic community. It is normally served at lent or at Easter. It's really good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place raisins in a small bowl and pour enough Brandy so that raisins plump up.
- 2In a small sauce pan, add water, cinnamon sticks, and sugar. Boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove cinnamon sticks and pour raisins into mix.
- 4Place toasted bread slices in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- 5Layer ingredients: cheese, pecans, bread -- etc. Repeat steps until all bread is used. (Save some pecans for last topping).
- 6Pour cinnamon mix over bread pudding and sprinkle pecans on top.
- 7Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capirotada (mexican Bread Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 470.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 70.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: