Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another staple in the hispanic community. It is normally served at lent or at Easter. It's really good!!
- Place raisins in a small bowl and pour enough Brandy so that raisins plump up.
- In a small sauce pan, add water, cinnamon sticks, and sugar. Boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and pour raisins into mix.
- Place toasted bread slices in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Layer ingredients: cheese, pecans, bread -- etc. Repeat steps until all bread is used. (Save some pecans for last topping).
- Pour cinnamon mix over bread pudding and sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.