Crazycook in PA's Note:
This pork and capicola dish is topped with a luscious sherry demi-glaze sauce made up of walnuts and dried apricots. It is bursting with flavor! Serve this with cheesy polenta and a nice green salad. I purchased an envelope of demi-glaze instead of making my own. A real time-saver! Capicola also comes in sweet or spicy. I prefer the spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay out the pork cutlets and top each piece with a slice of capicola.
- 2Roll up the cutlets and secure with a toothpick or string.
- 3Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- 4Once hot, add the pork and brown on both sides until golden.
- 5Remove from skillet.
- 6Add the walnuts, sherry wine, demi-glaze, and chicken stock to deglaze the skillet.
- 7Return the pork to the skillet along with the apricots and continue cooking.
- 8Reduce by half until the sauce is thickened and the pork is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capicola Pork Rolls With Apricots and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.2
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 91.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: