Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This pork and capicola dish is topped with a luscious sherry demi-glaze sauce made up of walnuts and dried apricots. It is bursting with flavor! Serve this with cheesy polenta and a nice green salad. I purchased an envelope of demi-glaze instead of making my own. A real time-saver! Capicola also comes in sweet or spicy. I prefer the spicy.
- 4 pork tenderloin, sliced thin and pounded lightly
- 4 slices of spicy capicola
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup demi-glace
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 dried apricots, thinly sliced
- Lay out the pork cutlets and top each piece with a slice of capicola.
- Roll up the cutlets and secure with a toothpick or string.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Once hot, add the pork and brown on both sides until golden.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add the walnuts, sherry wine, demi-glaze, and chicken stock to deglaze the skillet.
- Return the pork to the skillet along with the apricots and continue cooking.
- Reduce by half until the sauce is thickened and the pork is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.