1/1 Photo of Capetown Beef & Potato Stew
8 hrs 45 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
Capetown literally sits on the crossroads of the world. It's cuisine is based in solid Boer tradition. Because of the mass trade between England and India, it's no wonder there is strong Indian influence in all phases of S.A. life especially it's foods. Capetown Masala is available at www.worldspice.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil (for frying)
- 907.18 g chuck roast, trimmed of fat,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 118.29 ml flour (for dredging)
- 1.23 ml kosher salt (for dredging)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (for dredging)
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 473.18 ml beef stock (homade is best)
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch gingerroot, finely grated
- 29.58 ml capetown masala, freshly ground
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 907.18 g small red potatoes, skins on,quartered
- 1Mix the Flour, Salt, and Pepper in a plastic bag.
- 2Dredge the meat a dozen pieces at a time.
- 3Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add oil.
- 5Brown meat on all sides.
- 6Drain on a paper towel.
- 7Repeat'til all are done.
- 8Place all ingredients except meat and potatoes in crock pot.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Add meat and potatoes.
- 11Stir well.
- 12Cover, Cook on low for 7-8 hours"til Meat and Potatoes are tender.
- 13The potatoes will be cooked to a broth.
- 14Serve with a fresh crusty peasent loaf and a few pints of Pale Ale.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capetown Beef & Potato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.6
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 506.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: