Capers in Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and fry over low heat until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Add the sugar and cook for 15 minutes until onion is caramelised.
- Add the capers and vinegar and bring to the boil then reduce and simmer until the liquid is sort of syrupy.
- Rinse a glass jar with boiling water and dry in a warm oven.
- Spoon in the capers and liquid and seal.
- Store for up to 3 months and refrigerate after opening.