These are really delicious put in salads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and fry over low heat until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- 3Increase the heat and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- 4Add the sugar and cook for 15 minutes until onion is caramelised.
- 5Add the capers and vinegar and bring to the boil then reduce and simmer until the liquid is sort of syrupy.
- 6Rinse a glass jar with boiling water and dry in a warm oven.
- 7Spoon in the capers and liquid and seal.
- 8Store for up to 3 months and refrigerate after opening.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capers in Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g