Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 50 g caperberries
- 3 sprigs fresh sweet basil leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 100 g pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, fresh whole peeled, crushed
- 100 g parmesan cheese, shredded
- 150 ml olive oil
- 5 g salt, cooking, freshly ground
- 5 g pepper, black cracked freshly ground
- Pick the stalks off the caperberries and blend with the mint pesto.
- Place into an air-tight container and store in the fridge.
- Mint Pesto: Pick the leaves of the herbs.
- Place the basil, parsley and mint, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan in a fast liquidizer, pulse till blended.
- Stop and scrape down the sides frequently while blending.
- With the motor running slowly pour in the olive oil until it is thoroughly combined.
- Season to taste with the salt and freshly ground pepper.
Excellent served over chicken breast as well.