Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 50 g caperberries
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon flour (use more or less to thicken)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add broth and mix.
- Add caperberries and mix.
- Add flour and mix.
- Simmer on low heat until it thickens.
- If needed, add more flour until desired thickness is achieved.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Don't mess up like Bridget.
- Serve over an omelete.
- (Really! It's good! Ugly, but good!) Also, you can use this sauce with Lamb or Chicken.
I tried this with chicken I think it would be much better with a white fish or pork. It is kind of ugly though so I added a bit of instant coffee to darken it a bit, for a prettier gravy.
I'm not going to give this stars, because I just want to comment. I liked this, but it's not something I will make again, only because to my taste it was so-so. I'm sure this would be really good for someone. Make sure when you add the flour to use a whisk, so there will be no lumps! Thank you Mimi, this was different!