Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This sauce has a built-in versatility, because you can choose the type of bouillon for the sauce. A meat bouillon makes this sauce great with veal or poultry. A fish bouillon is terrific on fish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef bouillon or 1 1⁄2 cups fish bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained but not rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk the flour into the hot butter and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk the bouillon into the roux, (butter and flour mixture) cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Whisk in the cream and continue cooking until the sauce thickens again.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, add the capers and seasoning.