Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Martha Stewart Living magazine - I saw the recipe while waiting to give blood. I do not like mint jelly, but this looked like it might be a nice alternative. I have not made it yet.
- 1⁄2 cup salt-packed capers, rinsed well
- 2 cups of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot, about 2 large
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pulse capers in a food processor until roughly chopped.
- Add mint, lemon zest and juice, and shallots, and pulse until the mint is roughly chopped.
- Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, pulsing until combined but still of a coarse texture.