Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Swedish Meatballs like to float in this gravy. Nice tangy falvor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups broth or 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon capers, more if you like
- lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Over medium heat melt the butter, add the flour and stir until the flour turns a pale yellow.
- Slowly add the broth (water) stirring constantly as not to create lumps.
- Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add the capers, salt, and lemon juice, let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime mix the egg yolk and water, and whisk into gravy.