Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This is a quick supper to make. From Gourmet magazine.
Top Review by Fireflylover
I saw this somewhere recently and wanted to archive it here at 'Zaar for future reference but Little Suzy you already did it. This was great and my little family would like this on permanent rotation. A quick meal but also I can see that this would make an impressive dinner for guests. The smells were so garlicky and yummy. Thank you for posting it for all of us.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed in garlic press
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sweet vermouth (red)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb capellini or 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook shrimp and garlic with oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes total.
- Stir in vermouth and tomatoes, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add cream and briskly simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, cook capellini in a pasta pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta.
- Serve pasta immediately, topped iwth shrimp and sauce. Thin with some of the reserved water if necessary.