Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is another pretty good diabetic recipe. It's got allot of flavor, and it makes your house smell really good too! :) The Diabetic Exchange on this one is: 2 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1/2 fat
Top Review by WiGal
We have lots of tomatoes and basil so this recipe was perfect for our lunch along with some fruit and fresh bread. I did sprinkle liberally with black pepper. Thank you MizE L for sharing.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups seeded and diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces capellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat a heavy nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat and add the garlic slices.
- Cook slowly until garlic is lightly and evenly browned.
- Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes, basil, salt (if using), and pepper.
- Cook just until the tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook capellini according to package directions to al dente; drain and place on a pasta plate or in a large bowl.
- Drizzle pasta with olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange the hot tomato mixture on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Serve at once, tossing the mixture as you serve.