Recipe by ellie_
I thought this recipe looked interesting for a special weeknight supper and a great way to use up leftover salmon. Recipe source: Gourmet (June 2005)
Top Review by Starrynews
Wonderful dish for salmon! I sauteed the salmon in a bit of olive oil with a dash of lemon juice and a sprinkle of dill and pepper while preparing the rest of the dish as directed. It was really good, with a lovely presentation! Thanks for sharing! ZWT6
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dill, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups salmon, broiled and flaked
- 10 ounces capellini (angel hair pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook onion in the oil over medium heat until soft (5-8 minutes).
- Add broth, cream, vodka and salt and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced to 2 cups (45-60 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, lemon zest and juice and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce.
- Add salmon to saucepan and cook over medium low heat until fish is heated through (2-4 minutes).
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Return pasta to pot and toss with reserved sauce.
- Put pasta in large bowl and spoon fish and sauce over top; toss before serving.