Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I thought this recipe looked interesting for a special weeknight supper and a great way to use up leftover salmon. Recipe source: Gourmet (June 2005)
- In a large saucepan cook onion in the oil over medium heat until soft (5-8 minutes).
- Add broth, cream, vodka and salt and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced to 2 cups (45-60 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, lemon zest and juice and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce.
- Add salmon to saucepan and cook over medium low heat until fish is heated through (2-4 minutes).
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Return pasta to pot and toss with reserved sauce.
- Put pasta in large bowl and spoon fish and sauce over top; toss before serving.
Wonderful dish for salmon! I sauteed the salmon in a bit of olive oil with a dash of lemon juice and a sprinkle of dill and pepper while preparing the rest of the dish as directed. It was really good, with a lovely presentation! Thanks for sharing! ZWT6
The sauce was more of a broth for us, was ok. Just wasn't something that I loved. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT 6.
This sauce was much lighter than ordinary cream-based sauces, and I liked the fact that it was thinner as I found it coated the capellini well, but left it 'wet' enough for easy eating and slurping. I had made extra salmon yesterday just to try this recipe and it's a winner! Everything worked so well together flavour-wise and the whole family enjoyed it. Thanks.