I thought this recipe looked interesting for a special weeknight supper and a great way to use up leftover salmon. Recipe source: Gourmet (June 2005)
- In a large saucepan cook onion in the oil over medium heat until soft (5-8 minutes).
- Add broth, cream, vodka and salt and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced to 2 cups (45-60 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, lemon zest and juice and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce.
- Add salmon to saucepan and cook over medium low heat until fish is heated through (2-4 minutes).
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Return pasta to pot and toss with reserved sauce.
- Put pasta in large bowl and spoon fish and sauce over top; toss before serving.