Recipe by Friday's pal
This is a simple recipe clipped from a magazine years ago that has become a favorite.
- 6 ounces capellini, broken in thirds (extra, extra thin spaghetti)
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can white clam sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 3⁄4 cup very hot water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pasta in a 10 inch skillet.
- Drain juices from cans of clams and clam sauce into skillet.
- Add bottled clam juice, 1/2 cup hot water and the oil.
- Cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Boil 3 minutes stirring often with fork to separate strands of pasta.
- Add whole clams, drained clam-sauce mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 minutes until heated through and pasta is tender.
- Stir in 1/4 cup hot water; serve immediately.
- Add crusty bread and a green salad and you've got a tasty meal.