Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great sauce to make when you haven't got much time to fuss over dinner. This tastes wonderful and needs only a green salad and a glass of wine to make a fabulous meal.
- 1 (2 ounce) bottleflat anchovies
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained canned plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 lb capellini
- Pour oil from bottle of anchovies into 1/3 cup measuring cup; add olive oil to reach 1/3 cup.
- Cook garlic cloves in oil over moderately-high heat until golden – discard garlic; add 8 anchovy fillets, or to taste and simmer, stirring, until the anchovies dissolve.
- Add tomatoes and olives and simmer 5 minutes, or until thickened slightly; stir in parsley and season to taste.
- Cook capellini until al dente and toss with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
this is such a simple quick wonderful recipe i couldn't help playing with it. i had fresh parsley and basil, which i chopped and also used the whole jar of anchovies, i love them!! i had some capers left in a small jar so i drained and rinsed them and used them as well, maybe 1 tbsp. i chopped the garlic and left it in, added the cooked cappellini, and voila! instant dinner ala evelyn!