Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a delicious pasta dish that is as light and fresh as its name. Quick to make too.
Top Review by ellie_
Quick and easy -- perfect for a meatless week day supper. I think this is also very versatile and an easy way to use up the last of the veggies in the refrig. We will be making this often just changing the pasta and vegetables depending on what is on hand. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb broccoli, cut julienne (flowerets only)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into julienne
- 1 lb capellini
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and cut into julienne
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until lightly-coloured, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Mix in broth and cream.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add broccoli to boiling water; when water returns to boil, stir in carrot and cappellini.
- When water returns to boil, cook 3 minutes and add zucchini.
- Continue cooking until pasta is al dente, about 2-3 minutes longer.
- Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add Parmesan and butter and toss to blend.
- Pour sauce over and toss gently.
- Season and serve immediately.