Sue Lau's Note:
A lighter pasta dish, full of veggies, great for warm weather. Goes great with grilled chicken added to the pasta if you like something a little more substantial.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Cook pasta"al dente" in boiling water; drain and set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, coat a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray or drizzle a tsp.
- 3or so in and swirl; heat on medium.
- 4Add the garlic and saute for a minute or so, or just until the garlic starts to release fragrance.
- 5Do not scorch garlic.
- 6Add the mushrooms, broth, and basil to the skillet; cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes.
- 7Add the zucchini, bell pepper, and carrots to the skillet; cover and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for another 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 8Add the tomatoes and any juice to the vegetable mixture and stir well.
- 9Simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- 10Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to mix.
- 11Adjust liquid with additional broth if needed.
- 12Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capellini Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 115.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes