Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lighter pasta dish, full of veggies, great for warm weather. Goes great with grilled chicken added to the pasta if you like something a little more substantial.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta"al dente" in boiling water; drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, coat a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray or drizzle a tsp.
- or so in and swirl; heat on medium.
- Add the garlic and saute for a minute or so, or just until the garlic starts to release fragrance.
- Do not scorch garlic.
- Add the mushrooms, broth, and basil to the skillet; cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, and carrots to the skillet; cover and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for another 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the tomatoes and any juice to the vegetable mixture and stir well.
- Simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to mix.
- Adjust liquid with additional broth if needed.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.
This is really good. I added diced chicken and used broccoli in place of the zucchini. I will definately make this again.
Very good! I will make it again!
nice veggie pasta dish. i like tripled the pepper and carrots, and added leftover ground beef, turned out well. i added salt at the table, though it may have been that i didn't boil the pasta in enough. good recipe. a keeper!