Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple meatless pasta dish.
Make and share this Capellini Pomodoro recipe from Food.com.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 ounce fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 ounces fresh parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil and add garlic, cook until garlic turns white.
- Add diced tomatoes and pepper.
- Heat through stirring constantly.
- About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add basil and half of the cheese.
- Toss gently with the pasta.
- Serve at once and top with remaining cheese.
This was an awesome way to use up the last of my garden tomatoes! Delicious.
Loved it! Used canned diced tomatoes, frozen garlic and basil cubes from trader joe's, and a little less oil. Great with heart healthy angel hair. Would like to experiment with ratios so I could use a whole box of pasta.
Easy to make. Simple ingredients, but oh soooo tasty. Don't change a thing... and it plates up pretty too.