Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very popular, very rich pasta dish.
- 2 shallots, chopped fine
- 4 slices prosciutto, chopped fine
- 4 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 lb capellini, cooked, drained (angel hair pasta)
- Heat olive oil and butter in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots, bacon and prosciutto, cook until lightly browned.
- Add wine and chicken stock, cook for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add cooked pasta, grated cheese, freshly ground pepper and egg yolk, stirring vigorously over high heat until pasta is coated and creamy.
- Transfer to individual plates and serve.
I loved the simpleness and the ease of this dish. It was hot and I had been working outside all day and this was quick and easy to do. Made for ZWT7.
This was really good! So simple and with ingredients that are easy to acquire, but in this combination, taste very "gourmet-y". (New word alert! *lol*) I mixed some parmesan in the pasta and garnished with shaved pieces. This will be the perfect dish to whip up when I don't really feel like cooking. Thanks for submitting!
Delicious! I didn't have the wine on hand, so I just doubled up on the stock and had to sub in spaghettini for the angel hair pasta. :)