Prep 20 mins
Cook 38 mins
A Lidia Bastianich recipe. Simple and delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 10 pepperoncini peppers, drained, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups crushed peeled Italian tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb capellini (angel hair)
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (optional)
- In a large, nonreactive skillet, heat 3 Tbs. of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minute
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 minute.
- Add the peperoncini, tomatoes, and salt, and simmer for about 10 minute.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quart salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 3 minute
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the rest of the olive oil.
- Stir in the sauce.
- Add the cheese, toss well, and serve immediately, garnished with the parsley if you like.