Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe combines shrimp and pasta with mushrooms and artichokes in a light garlic tomato sauce. Adapted from Napoli in Loma Linda, California.
- 1⁄2 lb capellini, cooked al dente in salted water (angel hair)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup jarred artichoke, drained
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil, shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp just turns opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and artichokes and keep cooking until the mushrooms are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss with pasta and garnish with fresh parsley.
This was truly delicious (and easy, too)! Although I did not follow the recipe exactly, I believe I remained in the spirit of it. I used an entire pound of angel hair pasta, I used some of the oil from the artichokes to saute with, and I used a 15 oz. can of fire-roasted tomatoes in place of the chopped tomato. Given that this recipe has my three favorite ingredients (shrimp, artichokes, and mushrooms), I am somewhat biased, but I must say that this recipe uses each of those ingredients in such a complimentary way. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made by a Hot Pink Lady for ZWT 7.