Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple seed loaf, that hardly needs any kneading. A perfect Accompaniment to pumpkin soup.
Make and share this Cape Seed Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g whole wheat bread flour
- 85 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 25 g poppy seeds
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml yeast
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml sunflower oil
- 350 ml lukewarm water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour the water and oil and knead for about a minute.
- Place the dough in an oiled loaf pan ( 8inch x 4 inch) Brush with the egg and decorate with alternate lines of sesame and poppy seeds.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rise for about 30-60 minutes .
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degees C and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on rack.
I made this into rolls, and have already gobbled two, with prosciutto, goat cheese and sharp provolone. I made this in my bread machine, and threw in a couple of spoonfuls of vital wheat gluten to help gluten development. I also just sprayed the rolls with butter-flavored cooking spray. I used white whole wheat flour. They smelled wonderful baking and taste great. The various seeds give great texture to this bread.