Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Serve as an elegant appetizer or main dish.
Make and share this Cape May Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- Combine breadcrumbs and salt in medium bowl, add scallops and toss to coat.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over high heat.
- Add parsley and garlic, cook 20 seconds.
- Add scallops and cook 4-5 minutes, turning once, until browned.
- Add wine and lemon juice, cook 1 minute more.
- For appetizers, transfer to heated scallop shells, if desired.
Lovely flavour, we enjoyed them very much. I did have one problem, I got the scallops nicely browned, then as instructed added the wine and the lemon juice, as it bubbled up it took the coat off most of the scallops, next time I think I would remove the scallops before adding the wine and lemon juice, then quickly put them back. I had some prawns I need to use up, so I added them to coating; both scallops and prawns had a wonderful flavour. I will make them again. Thanks for sharing.