Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe online for Zaar World Tour. It recommends serving it with curries or bobotie.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 cup pitted raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 piece of whole cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Clean the rice and place all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring the rice to a boil, then lower heat and simmer very slowly until the water has entirely evaporated.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and fluff the rice gently before serving.
This was SO easy. I put all the ingredients in my rice cooker and it turned out delicious!
I enjoyed this rice very much. The color is lovely too. I served it with Moroccan Chicken Thighs #169666. The combo was terrific and I will make both together again!! Thanks!
this was good added 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger to complete malay challenge