From Rachel Ray's mag, this recipe was sent in by John G. Kennan, Jr. Recommeded beer is Samuel Adams brand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, whisk the beer, 1 C plus 2 T flour, salt and paprika until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the slaw mix with the Russian dressing.
- 3Preheat the broiler. Meanwhile in a deep skillet heat the oil until it registers 375°F.
- 4Place the remaining 1 C flour on a large plate.
- 5Working with one fillet at a time, coat the fish with the flour, shaking off excess, then coat with the beer batter.
- 6Lower the fish into the hot oil CAREFULLY and cooking, turring occasionally, until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- 7Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 8Place bread on a baking sheet.
- 9Broil until toasted. Transfer toasted side down onto a plate.
- 10Spread Russian dressing on 4 slices, top with fish, slaw and cheese. Add another toasted slice of bread to the top, toasted side up.
- 11dig in!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cape Cod Reuben Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2500.8
- Calories from Fat 2127
- Total Fat 236.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 1418.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 18.3 g