Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Rachel Ray's mag, this recipe was sent in by John G. Kennan, Jr. Recommeded beer is Samuel Adams brand.
- In a large bowl, whisk the beer, 1 C plus 2 T flour, salt and paprika until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the slaw mix with the Russian dressing.
- Preheat the broiler. Meanwhile in a deep skillet heat the oil until it registers 375°F.
- Place the remaining 1 C flour on a large plate.
- Working with one fillet at a time, coat the fish with the flour, shaking off excess, then coat with the beer batter.
- Lower the fish into the hot oil CAREFULLY and cooking, turring occasionally, until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place bread on a baking sheet.
- Broil until toasted. Transfer toasted side down onto a plate.
- Spread Russian dressing on 4 slices, top with fish, slaw and cheese. Add another toasted slice of bread to the top, toasted side up.
- dig in!
Excellent!!! Absolutely everyone loved this sandwich!