Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This was a big hit at my Thanksgiving dinner table! My little girl won't eat pumpkin pie so I thought I'd give this lovely recipe a try for her. Boy am I glad I did. She loved it! This will be a regular Thanksgiving tradition from now on. Thanks, Julesong. I used regular cranberry sauce because I had 4 cans here to use up. It worked out real nice with that. I also added just 1/2 tsp of blackberry flavoring to up the berry flavor a little bit.
- 6 ounces ready shortbread crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- In small mixer bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add to cream cheese, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside a few whole cranberries from sauce for garnish.
- Fold remaining sauce into whipped mixture. Spoon into pi e crust. Freeze 4 hours until firm.
- Garnish with reserved berries.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.