Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 ounces ready shortbread crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- In small mixer bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add to cream cheese, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside a few whole cranberries from sauce for garnish.
- Fold remaining sauce into whipped mixture. Spoon into pi e crust. Freeze 4 hours until firm.
- Garnish with reserved berries.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
This was a big hit at my Thanksgiving dinner table! My little girl won't eat pumpkin pie so I thought I'd give this lovely recipe a try for her. Boy am I glad I did. She loved it! This will be a regular Thanksgiving tradition from now on. Thanks, Julesong. I used regular cranberry sauce because I had 4 cans here to use up. It worked out real nice with that. I also added just 1/2 tsp of blackberry flavoring to up the berry flavor a little bit.
Have made this pie for the past five or six years after having seen it in a magazine. All who have tried it loved it. My late mother would have me make one for her to take home every Thanksgiving and Christmas after she tried it. Keeps well in freezer, and we always ate it as a frozen pie.