Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different sort of pie for those who don't like to use pie crust. This recipe is from Zola's Grille, Killington, Vermont.
- Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Add cranberries and spread out evenly.
- Top cranberries with 1/2 cup sugar and pecans.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar.
- Add the flour, butter, and shortening, beating until just smooth.
- Pour the batter over the cranberries.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until the top is golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Wow, the perfect combination of sweet and tangy and so easy to make!
So good! I had no butter, so subbed margarine. I increased and spiced the sugar that goes over the berries, scant three quarter cup sugar, teaspoon cinnamon, half teaspoon ginger, sixteen teaspoon cloves. I also used frozen berries. Baked about sixty five minutes. Next time I'm adding shredded orange peel.
Served this for DH's birthday, when family was over. This recipe could not have been easier or faster to make and the presentation was nice. My family said they liked it, but no one asked for the recipe, raved about it, or had seconds. My mother said she thought it could have been a tiny bit sweeter.