Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Another classic "My Great Recipes" with some minor tweaks. This can be prepared in the morning and popped into the oven when you get home. It's very easy to make and very yummy. Please use whole berry cranberry sauce, not the jelly.
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cut-up roasting chicken (or any assortment of pieces, 2 1/2 - 3 pounds)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F (when ready to bake).
- Mix rice, bouillon and seasonings together, and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up, over the rice.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cranberry sauce, butter, lemon juice and soy sauce until well blended.
- Pour sauce over chicken, and cover tightly with foil.
- (This is where you stop if making it in advance, and refrigerate until ready to cook).
- When ready, cook at 325°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.