Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
a pasta dish with traditional carbonara sauce enhanced with fresh seafood from Cape Cod
Make and share this Cape Cod Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 roasted sweet red pepper, small dice
- 1⁄2 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sea scallop, cut in half
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 ounces dry white wine (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta al dente; keep warm over hot water. Fry bacon slices to not-quite-crisp, drain on paper towel, crumble or chop into small dice. Poach seafood gently in the half-and-half (with added wine optional) until translucent. Add some of the hot half-and-half mixture to the egg yolks, then stir egg yolk mixture carefully into the rest of the half-and-half mixture, stirring so that eggs don't curdle. Add the grated cheese, roasted red pepper, and bacon to the half-and-half mixture. Put hot pasta in serving bowl, add the butter and toss to coat. Then pour half-and-half mixture over pasta and toss gently. Serve immediately with fresh ground pepper, salt, and extra grated Paremsan to taste.