Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple/Easy Recipe - Very Flavourful!! Great for holidays since it can be quickly prepared and frozen. This recipe was a traditionally served Christmas Eve and during the holidays by my Mother, Elizabeth Anne and continues to be a carried on with our family now. It wasn't Christmas until you could savour the smell and taste of Mom's meat pie. Enjoy and share! But don't wait till Christmas to "Enjoy and Share". Thank heavens for Mothers!!!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- poultry seasoning
- 10 medium potatoes
- pie crust (for 5 - 7 pies)
- Cook meat in pot by covering with water and simmering for 30 minutes.
- Add spices (salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to taste).
- When mixture is cooked, add mashed potatoes and mix well- should not be lumpy.
- Fill double crust pie shells.
- Makes 5- 7 pies.
- Bake at 375 degrees till crust is golden.
- Freezes well for 6 months.