Recipe by whittlejohn
C.B.Blueberry Cake - This is a very tasty cake for blueberry lovers! My mother, Elizabeth Anne (the wonderful cook she is) shared this recipe with me. She received this recipe from my best friend's (childhood) Mom, Mary. I like this recipe because it reminds me of family - home and picking wild blueberries as a child in Cape Breton.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk (milk allergy use l c. water)
- 2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and cream together: sugar,margarine,eggs (or substitute),almond in bowl.
- Then mix together in another bowl: flour, baking soda, salt and adding milk (or substitute- water) while combining both mixtures.
- Add blueberries.
- Bake 350 degrees for approximately 1 1/4 hours.
- Great in large tube-like or bundt cake pan.
- EGG SUBSTITUTE: Mix together all ingredients and add to recipe.