1/3 Photos of Cap’n Crunch French Toast
Based on a recipe from Guy Fieri’s book, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: an All-American Road Trip…With Recipes! This celebrates the Blue Moon Café in Baltimore, Maryland. This is absolutely wonderful. My friend Eric, who loaned me this cookbook, slices the berries the night before and coats them with maple sugar and marinates them in the 'fridge overnight -- this makes them quite succulent by morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 8 -10 slices bread, such as Texas toast or 8 -10 slices French bread
- butter (for cooking)
- 1In large bowl, mix together cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- 2Crush cereal by placing in plastic storage bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin. Once it resembles cracker meal, transfer to a shallow dish.
- 3Moisten a couple pieces of bread in cream mixture until soft but not completely soaked. Allow excess liquid to drip off bread, then press into the cereal crumbs to coat evenly. Set on a sheet pan and repeat with remaining slices.
- 4Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Adding butter as needed, cook bread on both sides until it caramelizes, about 6 to 8 minutes total.
- 6In large bowl using a hand mixer beat the cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 7Dollop on top of the French toast and serve with the berries.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cap’n Crunch French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.3
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 282.1 mg
- Sodium 559.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: