- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced white onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces ground veal (optional)
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (any will do, but Cap City Barbecue Sauce is recommended)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil until tender. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine meats, egg, bread crumbs, herbs, garlic, and cream. Mix well.
- Add mushroom and onions. Add 2 TB of barbecue sauce. Add remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a loaf pan, pushing down firmly to pack meat into place. Cover with foil. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- (Optional) Remove foil; cover meatloaf with desired amount of barbecue sauce. Cook uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve with barbecue sauce.