Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came out of Ohio Magazine. It is from the Cap City Diner in Gahanna, Ohio. It is a fairly sweet sauce, so feel free to cut back on the brown sugar some if desired. Posted on: Oct 11, 2005
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
This is a sweet barbecue sauce, but not too sweet! We thought it was perfect! The sauce was used on pork steaks, St. Louis style. Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2008. ~Lorie
Very nice! I halved the recipe and used it with fish. I think this would go great with burgers, and also tofu! Thank you flower!