Recipe by blucoat
This is a delicious, healthy recipe that does not sacrifice flavour. Recipe is from the cookbook, "Canyon Ranch Cooking: Bringing the Spa Home", by Canyon Ranch & Jeanne Jones.
Top Review by MsSally
So good and easy. I made this for dinner and we all loved it. The fish was nice and crispy and the chips were perfect. I did sprinkle the chips with season salt and garlic powder.
- 453.59 g russet potato, cut into wedges
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 88.74 ml whole wheat bread crumbs
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 453.59 g sole or 453.59 g cod or 453.59 g halibut fillet, cut into 4-ounce portions
- 158.51 ml fat-free mayonnaise (optional)
- 14.79 ml sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 4.92 ml minced parsley (optional)
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the potato wedges on one side, leaving enough room for the fillets, and spray them with the cooking spray. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, combine the flour, bread crumbs, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl lightly beat the egg white. Dip the fish fillets in the egg white, then coat both sides with the flour mixture. Transfer to the baking sheet, alongside the potatoes, and continue to cook for 10 minutes more, or until the fillets are crisp and browned.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tartar sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Serve 1 tablespoon on each fish fillet.