Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a portion of the "Grilled vegetable strudel with tomato olive sauce" recipe out of the canyon ranch cookbook. I found this to be an excellent way to marinate and grill vegetables, and then use those in a variety of ways, as a side dish, in wrap or sandwiches, etc.
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 1 yellow squash, diagonally cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 zucchini, diagonally cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 2 artichoke hearts
- Combine Marinade (first 6) ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Prepare the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Grill or broil the vegetables until tender, remove them from grill and allow to cool slightly.
- Dice the grilled vegetables, place them in a shallow dish and spoon the marinade over them.
- Cover tightly and allow to marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Use veggies as side dish, or place in tortillas for veggie wraps, great cold or warm.
I love this grilled veggie recipe, it is so easy to assemble and goes with almost anything. I make it as is but have omitted the chives before when I didnt have any. Thanks for a great recipe.