Recipe by bonbrad bakalyar
I got this recipe from my sis-in-law yrs ago, The kids love it, as everyone who has tried it. So easy to prepare and versatile with meats. Can also omit the meat for a vegetarian meal. Any side dish is great rice ,mashed potatoes,boiled etc. freezes well also. I always double the recipe to have some on hand in freezer.
- 2 lbs meat, cut into bite size chunks (your choice;poultry,beef,pork,wild game)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots (or sm.bag baby carrots)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms (I use about 1lb fresh)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- pineapple chunk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown the meat add all the rest of the ingredients to roast pan or dutch oven.
- (a crockpot can also be used for recipe) stir to mix well.
- Cover and put into a 350 degree oven for about 1/2 hr.
- or comes to a boil, and then turn heat down to 250 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hrs checking to add water, if it thickens too much.
- Cook on low in crockpot for 5-6 hrs.