Recipe by Luschka
This recipe makes a nice looking little meal, from a book titled “Take Three”, but the Chinese broccoli and sesame oil can be omitted to have just the chops! Rather than the broccoli, I’d probably have boy choy instead. Cooking time includes marinading time.
- 8 -12 trimmed lamb chops
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 chinese broccoli
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hoi sin, soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, five-spice powder and salt in a large bowl and add the lamb chops. Leave to marinate for 1 hour, turning once or twice.
- Heat the grill or barbecue. Drain the chops and grill, turning once or twice. The outer meat will scorch as the sugars caramelise – which is good – but don’t let it burn and remove the chops while the lamb is still pink and tender inside.
- Meanwhile, chop the greens into 5 cm (2 inch) sections. Cook in simmering, salted water for 2 minutes, then add the leaves and cook for up to 1 minute until they soften. Remove and drain in a colander.
- Arrange the greens on the plate, lean two or three chops against them and serve.