This is a family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 2/3 cup Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1/2 lb fresh snow pea (frozen is okay also, just dry well)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup whole almonds or 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1Cut chicken into 1-in pieces.
- 2Combine the next 4 ingredients, stir in chicken; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile drain canned oranges and reserve 1/4 cup syrup.
- 4Blend syrup with sweet and sour sauce.
- 5Heat 1 tbsp oil in a hot wok or large skillet over med-high heat.
- 6Add chicken cubes and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove; set aside.
- 7Heat remaining oil in the same wok or frypan; add snow peas and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 8Add green onions and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- 9Add in chicken, almonds and sweet and sour mixture; cook stirring until all ingredients are coated with sauce.
- 10Gently stir in orange segments; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.0
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 318.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce