Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a family favorite!
Make and share this Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 2⁄3 cup Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb fresh snow pea (frozen is okay also, just dry well)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup whole almonds or 1 cup sliced almonds
- Cut chicken into 1-in pieces.
- Combine the next 4 ingredients, stir in chicken; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain canned oranges and reserve 1/4 cup syrup.
- Blend syrup with sweet and sour sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a hot wok or large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add chicken cubes and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same wok or frypan; add snow peas and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add green onions and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add in chicken, almonds and sweet and sour mixture; cook stirring until all ingredients are coated with sauce.
- Gently stir in orange segments; heat through.
this was delicious. I omitted the almonds because I didn't have them on hand. Otherwise made just as written. Thanks Kitten
This is a nice combination of ingredients, colorful and crunchy. I do think the 1" pieces of chicken need to be cooked longer than the recommended 2 minutes, or cut the pieces smaller in order to thoroughly cook in 2 minutes. We found the sauce a bit bland so I added some sweet chili sauce. With the addition of a little spice we found it quite good.