Cantonese Sweet-And-Sour Chicken
- Cut chicken in 1 inch pieces. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and ginger in medium bowl. Add chicken, toss to coat, and let stand for 15 minutes. (I actually let the pieces marinate overnight and it made the chicken incredibly tender!).
- In small bowl, drain the pineapple juice from the can and combine it with the sweet-and-sour sauce.
- In a wok or large skillet (that's what I used) over medium high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes; transfer to plate. Add another couple of drops of oil, then add peas and stir fry for a few minutes or until tender enough for your toddler.
- Add chicken, almonds and sweet-and-sour mixture and cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through and coated with sauce. Gently stir in pineapple and heat through.
- Tip: Serve atop white, fluffy Jasmati Rice!